Desk Note Easel
- Wooden table frame, 5"x7"
- Cork sheet, 6-1/2"x8-1/2"
- Light plywood sheet, 6"x12"
- Plastic-foam block, 4-1/2"x6-1/2"
- DCWV print paper: The Grade School Stack
- Royal Rub-On Transfers: School Sentiments
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Espresso, Hauser Light Green, Snow White, Lamp Black, Napthol Red
- Push pins
- Craft glue
- 1. On covered work surface, remove glass and insert from frame. Paint front frame edges, back of frame, and back of frame stand (piece that stands frame upright) Lamp Black. Let dry.
- 2. Glue plastic-foam block on back of stand. Glue cardboard insert inside frame. Let dry.
- 3. Measure and cut 6-1/2"x8-1/2" rectangle from cork sheet. Glue rectangle on front of frame.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to transfer apple rub-on onto bottom right corner of cork sheet. Paint apple Napthol Red and leaf Hauser Light Green. Let dry. Use thin paintbrush to paint vein lines and stem Espresso. Let dry. Highlight apple Snow White. Let dry.
- 5. From Grade School stack paper, remove letter squares and cut out: n, t, e, and s. Cut out apple.
- 6. Measure and cut five 1" squares from plywood sheet. Paint squares Napthol Red. Let dry.
- 7. Glue letter squares and apple on center of each red plywood square. Let dry.
- 8. Glue squares along edge of cork rectangle. Let dry.
- 9. Follow manufacturer's instructions to transfer "school definition" onto front of easel. Let dry.
- 10. Position back of easel stand inside frame. Stand on desk. Press push pins in cork rectangle.
by Debby Forshey-Choma