Monster Mini Books
- Cardstock: white, orange
- Die Cuts With A View (DCWV) print cardstock: All About Boys stack
- White copy paper
- Sarah Paris Clip Art
- Blue ribbon
scissors, ruler, stapler and staples, tape, foam tape
- Markers, in assorted colors
- Craft glue
- Computer and printer
- 1. Using computer and printer, print Monster clip art from web site to 3" size on white cardstock. (Designer printed six images to one sheet of cardstock.)
- 2. Use markers to color in Monster images (for cover image).
- 3. For book covers, measure and cut 6"x12" All About Boys cardstock rectangle. Fold rectangle at 5" and then remaining 2", creating book cover flap.
- 4. For inside pages, print Monster clip art on white copy paper. Trim around two images, creating 5-1/2"x8-1/2" rectangles. Fold rectangles in half creating 5-1/2"x4-1/4" pages (with two monsters back to back).
- 5. Position book cover flat on work surface. Stack inside pages inside book. Use stapler and staples to staple inside pages and book cover together.
- 6. Print out pattern. Fold crayon packs on dashed lines. Use tape to tape crayon packs together. Measure and cut 8" ribbon length. Tie ribbon length around crayon pack.
- 7. Use foam tape to glue Monster image on front of book cover, overlapping edges, to hold book closed. Have kids use crayon packs to color in monsters in books!
- 1. When the beginning of the school year comes, it often means yearly physicals and check-ups! Bring these coloring books to the doctor or dentist’s office to keep your kids entertained as you wait for your appointment!
by Lindsay Weirich