Ribbon Scrap Notebooks
- Notebook, 8"x10"
- Recycled cereal box
- Wooden alphabet letters, 2"
- White cardstock, 5"x7"
- Ribbon scraps, 8" lengths
- Rickrack, scraps
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Acrylic paint, in color of choice
- Glue Dots: Pop Up Glue Dots, Continuous Glue Lines, Mini Glue Dots
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut frame shapes from white cardstock.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint wooden letters to spell name or school subject. Let dry.
- 3. Use black marker to draw outline around frame edges. Use Mini Glue Dots to glue wooden letters on center of frame.
- 4. Measure and cut ribbon lengths same-length as width or length of notebook. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue ribbon lengths on notebook cover, slightly overlapping edges of each ribbon length. Add rickrack lengths on ribbon lengths as desired. Trim edges.
- 5. Use Pop Up Glue Dots to glue frame on center of notebook.
by Melony Bradley for Glue Dots International