Jumbo Cupcake Pencil Holder
size: 15" tall
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 5"x18" cone, 6"x1-1/2" ball
- Lightweight spackling
- Pink cardstock, 12" square
- Gold grommets, 8-3/4" circles
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Glue gun and sticks
- Craft glue
- Red acrylic paint
- Paper crimper
- 1. Adults, help kids when using glue gun.
- 2. Measure and cut cone to 5"x13" size. Cut 1/2" from 6" ball (so has flat side).
- 3. Use glue gun to glue ball onto cone, creating cupcake shape.
- 4. Print out pattern. Measure and cut two 2"x5" pink cardstock strips. Run cardstock pieces through paper crimper. Use craft glue to glue cupcake liner around base of cone. Glue strips on bottom of cupcake, overlapping edges. Let dry.
- 5. Use plastic knife to cut small circle (cherry) from remaining plastic-foam. Cut one edge flat. On covered work surface, paint cherry red. Let dry.
- 6. Use plastic knife to apply lightweight spackling onto top of cupcake. Let dry. Use glue gun to glue cherry on top of cupcake.
- 7. Use sharp pencil to poke holes in cupcake (for grommets). Use craft glue to glue grommets in holes on cupcake.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Chemical Co.