Pet Photo Cosmetic Bag
Choose a favorite photo for a practical accessory any pet lover will adore.
- The Vintage Workshop Click-n-Craft White Cotton Canvas Fabric Sheet
- Solid black fabric, 5-3/4"x7-3/4"
- Black zipper, 7” length
- Metal word charm with holes at ends
- Coordinating bead
- Silver jump rings, 7mm, two
- Horizontal pet photo
- Optional: Silver eye pin, 1-1/2" (not needed if bead has an eyelet)
- Sewing machine and black thread
- Round-nose pliers
- Computer and printer
- Iron and pressing board
- Sewing needle
- Straight pins
- 1. Pin and press fabric as needed.
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to print 5”x7” pet photo on canvas fabric sheet. Remove backing.
- 2. Cut 5-3/4"x7-3/4" rectangle around photo on fabric.
- 3. With right sides facing, sew black rectangle to photo rectangle along sides and bottom with 1/2” seam allowance. Trim corners. Machine sew zigzag stitch along raw edges to prevent unraveling. Turn bag right side out.
- 4. Hand sew zipper around top of bag, 1/2” from edges.
- 5. For charm and bead droplet on zipper pull, insert eye pin through bead. Use pliers to bend eye pin end down until it touches top of bead. Open jump rings and attach to word charm ends, attaching bead to one ring and zipper pull to opposite ring.
by Mary Ayres