Buckingham Palace Guard
- Wooden doll pin
- Wooden doll pin stand
- Red felt, scrap
- White ribbon, 2" length
- White thread, 1-1/2" length
- Gold cording, 2" length
- Black pom-pom, 1"
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, toothpick, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, True Red, White Wash
- Mini craft stick
- 1. Use scissors to cut mini craft stick in half (for arms).
- 2. On covered work surface, paint arms True Red, leaving ends unpainted (for hands). Paint doll stand and bottom half of doll pin (legs) Lamp Black. Let dry.
- 3. Measure and cut 1-1/2"x2" rectangle from red felt. Wrap rectangle (coat) around doll pin, glue ends on back. Measure and cut 1-1/2" length from white thread. Glue thread down center of coat. Measure and cut 2" length from white ribbon (for belt). Glue belt around coat.
- 4. Glue arms on sides of body. Let dry.
- 5. Use toothpick to dot buttons on coat White Wash. Let dry. For face, use toothpick to dot eyes Lamp Black and cheeks True Red. Let dry. Use black marker to draw smile between cheeks.
- 6. For hat, glue pom-pom on head. Measure and cut 2" length from gold cording. Glue cording ends from pom-pom under chin. Let dry.
- 7. Insert doll pin into stand.
by Linda Valentino