- Cardstock, 12" sheet: black or orange
- Scallop-edge cardstock, 12" sheet (or cardstock and scallop decorative-edge scissors)
- Vellum, 12" sheet
- Wooden stars, four
- Black/white polka-dot ribbon, 12" length
- Glitter chenille stem
- Battery-operated tea light
- Glue Dots International: Mini Glue Dots, Vellum Glue Dots, Continuous Glue Lines, Pop Up Glue Dots
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Hole punch
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Snow White
- 1. On covered work surface, paint wooden stars Lamp Black or Snow White. Let dry.
- 2. Measure and cut 7-1/2"x12" rectangle from black or orange cardstock. Measure and mark along one short edge at 3", 6", and 9". Use pencil and ruler to score on these lines. Measure and mark along one long edge at 2". Cut from 3"/6"/9" lines to 2" line to form bottom of luminary.
- 3. Print out patterns. Cut window shapes from sides of luminary.
- 4. Use Mini Glue Dots to glue window frames onto vellum windows. Use Vellum Glue Dots to glue witch or cat shapes onto center of each vellum window.
- 5. Measure and cut 1-1/2"x12" strip from scallop-edge cardstock sheet (or use scallop decorative-edge scissors to trim along one long edge.) Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue scalloped strip along top edge of luminary.
- 6. Measure and cut 12" length of black polka-dot ribbon. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue ribbon length between scallop strip and luminary.
- 7. Bend and fold luminary edges, forming box shape. Measure and cut 1"x4" strip from orange or black cardstock. Fold strip in half lengthwise. Use Mini Glue Dots to glue strip along folded edge, reinforcing box shape. Use Mini Glue Dots to glue bottom edges of box together.
- 8. Use hole punch to punch two holes on sides of luminaries. Insert chenille stem ends through holes; twist ends on length.
- 9. Use Pop Up Glue Dots to glue wooden stars on sides of luminary. Insert battery-operated tea light in luminary.
by Melony Bradley for Glue Dots International