Happy Halloween Jacks!
- Craft plywood, 6"x12" and Thin plywood, 6"x12"
- K&Company print paper: Halloween Specialty Pad
- Cardstock: yellow, orange
- Black/white spider web-print ribbon, 20" length
- Royal Rub-On Transfers: Spider Web
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Ellison Sizzix Machine and Dies: Jack-o-Lantern, Pumpkin, Bigz Sassy Serif Alphabet, Bigz Boss-O Alphabet Set, Witch Hat Broom & Shoes
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Lavender, Sour Apple; Weathered Wood
- 1. Adults, help kids when applying crackle medium.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint craft plywood rectangle Lamp Black. Let dry. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply Weathered Wood crackle medium with Lavender to top of board. Let dry.
- 3. Use machine and Witch's Hat die to cut one shape from thin plywood sheet. Paint hat Lamp Black and hat band Lavender. Let dry.
- 4. Use machine and "H" die to cut shape from thin plywood sheet. Paint "H" Sour Apple. Let dry.
- 5. Follow manufacturer's instructions to transfer spider rub-ons onto witch's hat and "H."
- 6. Use machine and Pumpkin die to cut two shapes from yellow cardstock and Jack-o-Lantern die to cut two shapes from orange cardstock. Glue jack-o-lantern shapes on pumpkin shapes. Paint pumpkin stems Sour Apple. Let dry.
- 7. Use machine and Boss-O Alphabet dies to cut from print paper: two P and two L shapes from orange polka-dot; Y, O, and W from green polka-dot; N and two A shapes from black polka-dot.
- 8. Glue "H" on witch's hat. Glue alphabet letters and jack-o-lanterns on plaque.
- 9. Follow manufacturer's instructions to transfer spider web and spider rub-ons onto top corner of plaque.
- 10. For hanger, measure and cut two 10" lengths of print ribbon. Glue ends of each ribbon length onto top back of plaque. Tie ends together.
by Debby Forshey-Choma