Clay Eyeball Bowl
- AMACO Cloud Clay: White, Green, Red, Blue, Black
- Large balloon
scissors, ruler, plastic wrap
- AMACO Acrylic Roller (or clay-dedicated rolling pin)
- 1. Inflate balloon to desired size; knot end. (The size of balloon is size of candy bowl.)
- 2. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 3. Roll tiny amount Green clay with half a package of White clay, to create off-white color. Cover balloon with off-white clay. Let dry. Mix remaining half package of White clay with small amount of Green clay; smooth over balloon. Let dry. Use plastic knife or scissors to cut opening on top of balloon. Pop balloon and remove.
- 4. For pupil, roll Blue clay into 1/4"-thick sheet. Flatten and smooth over top of hole.
- 5. For iris, roll Black clay log. Wrap log around opening in eyeball. Smooth edges.
- 6. Mix small amount White clay with Blue clay. Roll skinny logs. Press logs on pupil extending from hole to ends of blue area.
- 7. For veins, roll thin Red clay logs. Press logs around base of eyeball. Smooth edges.
- 8. Slightly flatten bottom of eyeball so bowl will stand. Let eyeball dry. Fill with wrapped candy.
by Michelle Zimmerman for AMACO