Peter the Pumpkin Bowl
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 6" ball
- Green craft foam, scrap
- Green plastic-coated wire, 12" length
- Recycled wine bottle cork
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Tangelo Orange, Santa Red, Titanium White, Lamp Black, Hauser Medium Green
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, toothpick, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Hole punch
- 1. On clean work surface, gently roll plastic-foam ball creating flat surface (so bowl sits). Measure 4" from flat bottom of plastic-foam ball; draw line around ball. Use plastic knife to cut on line, creating top and bottom portions of bowl. Gently cut out inside area of bottom of bowl, leaving 1" ledge (for cover to fit snugly).
- 2. On covered work surface, paint bowl Tangelo Orange. Let dry. Paint recycled cork (stem) Hauser Medium Green. Let dry.
- 3. Paint triangle eyes, nose, and mouth Lamp Black. Let dry. Paint teeth and highlight eyes Titanium White. Let dry. Lightly paint cheeks Santa Red. Let dry.
- 4. For leaves, cut 2" teardrop shapes from green craft foam. Use hole punch to punch hole on end of each leaf. Thread green plastic-coated wire length through holes; twist ends together. Wrap wire around stem.
- 5. Insert toothpick into base of stem and other end of toothpick into top of bowl. Spot glue. Let dry.
by Loretta Mateik