Jello Box Monster
- Recycled Jello box
- Cardstock or construction paper: white, black
- Plaid Folk Art Acrylic Colors: Lavender, Pumpkin, Lime Green
- Plaid Extreme Glitter: Peridot
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Orange pony bead
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, sponge scrap, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Cut top flaps from jello box. Cut box flaps in half, creating two legs and two arms. Cut jagged edge around top of box (for hair).
- 2. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to paint box (body), legs, and arms Lime Green. Let dry. Use paintbrush handle to dot body, arms, and legs Lavender and Pumpkin. Let dry.
- 3. Use paintbrush to paint body, arms, and legs with Peridot glitter. Let dry.
- 4. Use black marker to outline arms, legs, and top of box (hair).
- 5. For mouth, cut curved shaped from black cardstock scrap. Cut tiny triangles from white cardstock (for teeth). Glue teeth on mouth and mouth on body.
- 6. Glue wiggle eyes and pony bead (nose) above mouth. Use black marker to draw eyebrows.
- 7. Glue feet on bottom and arms on sides of body.
by Sandy Rollinger