Mermaid Crown & Scepter
- White headband
- Creative Paperclay Delight Air-Dry Clay: White
- White seashells, in assorted sizes
- Faux-pearls strand
- Green eyelash yarn
- Iridescent glitter
- Wooden dowel, 12" length
- Aleene's: Original Tacky Glue, Collage Pauge Instant DecoupAge
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. For crown, roll 1"x5" clay log. Glue log on top of white headband. Press five large seashells into clay log; spot glue. Glue smaller seashells on front of crown. Let dry. For scepter, roll 2" clay ball. Glue ball onto end of wooden dowel. Glue large and medium shells on clay ball. Let dry.
- 3. On covered work surface, apply decoupage medium on seashells. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- 4. Cut small lengths from faux-pearl strand. Glue pearls around seashells.
- 5. Measure and cut two 24"-long green eyelash yarn lengths. Glue lengths along front edge and back edge of headband. Let dry. Measure and cut three 4"-long green eyelash yarn lengths. Glue length on top of scepter.
by Sandy Rollinger