Princess Hat & Toad Bucket
- Silver poster board, 14"x22"
- Recycled oatmeal canister
- Green cardstock, two 12" squares
- Pink tulle, 8 yds.
- Wooden shapes, two jumbo circles, one large oval, one mini craft stick
- Wooden tag, 1-1/2"x2-1/4"
- Tulip Fine Jewel Fashion Glitter: Pink, Emerald Green, Black
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Primary Red, Avocado Green, Snow White
- Black wire ribbon, 2 yds.
- Flat-back rhinestones, 20
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Glue Dots International: Craft Glue Dots, Continuous Glue Lines, Pop Up Glue Dots
scissors, ruler or measuring tape, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Hole punch
- 1. For toad, measure and cut green cardstock same size as height and width of oatmeal canister. For toad's spots, randomly press Craft Glue Dots around green rectangle. On covered work surface, sprinkle Emerald Green glitter on Craft Glue Dots. Shake excess glitter and return to container.
- 2. Apply Continuous Glue Lines on back of green cardstock rectangle. Wrap rectangle around canister, lining up edges.
- 3. For toad's face, paint large circles (eyes) Avocado Green, craft stick and oval (mouth) Primary Red, and wooden tag Snow White. Let dry. Use Craft Glue Dots to glue wiggle eyes on center of eyes. Use black marker to outline eyes and tongue and write "prince" on tag.
- 4. Press Continuous Lines on edges of tag. Sprinkle tag with Black glitter. Shake excess glitter and return to container.
- 5. Use Pop Up Glue Dots to glue toad's eyes, mouth, and tongue on toad.
- 6. Use hole punch to punch holes on either side of toad. Measure and cut 16" black ribbon length. Insert ribbon length through holes in bucket; knot on inside. Cut 6" ribbon length; insert end through tag and tie tag around toad.
- 7. For hat, roll poster board rectangle into cone shape. Adjust size as needed. Cut bottom of edge of cone, so cone is level. Use Continue Glue Lines to glue edges together.
- 8. Random press Craft Glue Dots on cone. On covered work surface, sprinkle Pink glitter on Craft Glue Dots. Shake excess glitter and return to container.
- 9. Measure and cut two 24" lengths of pink tulle. Use hole punch to punch holes on sides of cone bottom. Insert tulle lengths through holes; knot ends on inside. To wear, knot lengths together.
- 10. Wrap remaining tulle around top of cone to bottom of cone. Use Craft Glue Dots to secure tulle around cone. Use Pop Up Glue Dots to glue rhinestones on tulle.
by Melony Bradley for Glue Dots International