Milk Jug Mummy Mask
- Recycled white plastic gallon milk jug
- White gauze
- Creative Paperclay Delight Air-Dry Clay: White
- Jacquard Lumiere Paints: Pewter, Pearlescent Emerald
- String or elastic cording
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, craft knife, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Hole punch
- 1. Adults, help kids when using craft knife.
- 2. Use craft knife to cut slit in bottom of milk jug. Use scissors to cut from slit to handle, cutting milk jug in half. Recycle handle portion.
- 3. Position cut portion (mask) on kid's face. Use black marker to mark eye and mouth holes. Use scissors to cut out holes.
- 4. Use hole punch to punch holes on either side of mask (for cording).
- 5. Wrap gauze around mask, going in and out of mouth and eye holes. Glue gauze end on inside of mask.
- 6. For teeth, on clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. Roll 1/4"-thick clay sheet. Use promo credit card to cut 1/2" squares from clay sheet. Glue teeth inside mouth opening. Let dry.
- 7. On covered work surface, lightly apply Pewter and Pearlescent Emerald paint randomly on mask. Let dry.
- 8. Insert string or cording through holes on sides of mask. Knot ends on inside. Adjust size if needed.
by Sandy Rollinger