Festive Autumn Frame
Display one of your favorite autumn moments in this frame. It's so easy to create, you'll be amazed at the results of this beautiful harvest design!
- Plastic frame, 3”x5”
- FIMO Soft Oven-Bake Polymer Clay: Sunflower Yellow, Carmel Brown, Tropical Green, Tangerine
- Leaf cookie cutter
aluminum foil, toothpicks, craft knife, paintbrush, paper towel, oven
- Brown acrylic paint
- Red decorating chalk
- Floor wax sealer
- Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial-Strength Adhesive
- Optional: Clay-dedicated pasta machine
- 1. Cover entire frame with aluminum foil. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay.
- 2. For leaves, roll Sunflower Yellow to 1/8” thickness. Use cookie cutter to cut out two leaves. Use toothpick to draw vein lines. Highlight edges with red chalk; blend.
- 3. For pumpkin, roll 3/4” Tangerine ball. Shape and add details. For stem, roll 1/4”-long Carmel Brown log; press to top of pumpkin. For leaf and vines, roll 1/4” Tropical Green ball; cut in half. Shape balls into teardrop (leaf) and snake (vines); add details. Press leaf to top and vines to both sides of pumpkin.
- 4. Arrange leaves and pumpkin on bottom right corner of frame. Remove aluminum foil from frame. Bake designs on aluminum foil at 265° for one hour; let cool.
- 5. Glue designs to frame. Mix equal parts brown paint and water; paint entire design, wiping excess with paper towel. Apply wax sealer; let dry.
by Linda Welsh-Peterson