Apple-picking season is upon us, but this quick-to-stitch towel is too pretty to use for all the washing and drying to come!
- White kitchen towel, 15"x25"
- Fabric scraps: red, white, black
- Brown embroidery floss
- White flat button, 9/16"
- Jute twine
- Adhesives: Therm O Web HeatnBond UltraHold Iron-On Adhesive; Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Use two strands floss for all embroidery.
- 1. Cut out patterns. Cut pieces from adhesive slightly larger than apples, inside sections, and seeds. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse adhesive to back of red, white, and black fabrics. Cut out apples, inside sections, and seeds.
- 2. Remove backing; fuse shapes to dishtowel as shown. Transfer details and lettering. Blanket stitch around shapes and stem stitch lettering.
- 3. For stems, cut 1" and 1-1/2" lengths from twine. Blanket stitch stems to apples as shown. Sew button to apple. (see photos)
by Mary Ayres