size: 9" across
- Heavy-duty paper plate, 9"
- Krylon Metallic Spray Paint: Gold Metallic
- White acrylic paint
- Stiff felt, 1"x8"
- Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when using spray paint.
- 2. On covered work surface, spray paper plate (shield) Gold Metallic. Let dry.
- 3. Print out patterns. Transfer pegagus onto center of shield and key symbol on outer edge of shield. Paint pegagus white. Let dry.
- 4. Use black marker to outline pegagus and draw tail and hooves and outline key symbol.
- 5. Measure and cut 1"x8" felt strip. Glue ends together, forming ring. Glue ring on back of shield. Let dry.
by Sandy Rollinger