Hanukkah Tunnel Cards
- Cardstock or construction paper, two 9"x12" sheets: dark blue or light blue; white scrap
- Wooden shapes: large oval, "8", five small teardrops
- Glue Dots International: Craft Glue Dots, Continuous Glue Lines, Pop Up Glue Dots
- Tulip Fashion Glitter: Silver or Gold
- Jacquard: Lumiere Paints: Metallic Gold, Metallic Silver, Pearlescent White; Pearl Ex Pigment Stamp Pad: Metallic Silver
- Rubber stamps: "8", swirl
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Measure and cut 5-1/2"x8-1/2" construction paper rectangle. Fold rectangle in half. Measure and mark 4-1/4" line on outside of card and 2-1/8", 4-1/4", and 6-3/8" on inside of card. Fold on lines.
- 2. Print out pattern. Cut oval window from inside of card.
- 3. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue card together by aligning left and right edges of card with folded lines.
- 4. For "8 Nights" inside design, measure and cut five Continuous Glue Lines (candles) to varying lengths. On covered work surface, sprinkle candles with Silver glitter. For flames, paint teardrops Metallic Gold. Use Craft Glue Dots to glue flame onto end of each candle. Use "8" rubber stamp and Metallic Silver inkpad to stamp number inside card. Use black marker to write "Festival of Lights" around oval and outline flames.
- 5. For "8 Nights" outside design, paint wooden oval Pearlescent White and wooden "8" Metallic Silver. Use Craft Glue Dots to glue "8" on oval and oval on center of card front. Apply Continuous Glue lines to top and bottom edges and Craft Glue Dots above and below oval. Sprinkle Continuous Glue Lines with Gold glitter and Craft Glue Dots with Silver glitter. Use black marker to write "nights" on white paper scrap. Use Continuous Glue lines to glue white rectangle on bottom corner. Sprinkle Continuous Glue Lines with Silver Glitter.
- 6. For "Happy Hanukkah" inside design, cut dreidel shape from dark blue paper and center square from white paper. Use Craft Glue Dot to glue square onto dreidel and Continuous Glue Lines to glue dreidel on bottom of window. Sprinkle dreidel edges with Silver glitter. Use black marker to write "Happy Hanukkah" on center window opening. Use swirl rubber stamp and Metallic Silver inkpad to stamp design inside card.
- 7. For "Happy Hanukkah" outside design, cut dreidel shape from dark blue paper and center square from white paper. Use Pop Up Glue Dots to glue square on dreidel and dreidel on center of card front. Apply Continuous Glue Lines along dreidel edges; sprinkle with Silver glitter. Use black marker to outline card edges and draw symbol on dreidel.
by Melony Bradley for Glue Dots Internationa