Reindeer Photo Frame
- Recycled plastic CD case
- White paper, 3"x3-1/2"
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Clay: Tan, Beige, Brown, White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow
- Gold glitter
- Rickrack, two 5-1/2" lengths each: red, green
- Gold rhinestone star, 1/2"
- Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, tape, toothpick, aluminum foil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 2. Measure and cut 3"x3-1/2" white paper rectangle. Tape rectangle on center of CD case. On covered work surface, apply glue around rectangle edges. Sprinkle glue with glitter. Remove white paper rectangle.
- 3. Measure and cut 5" lengths from red and green rickrack. Glue rickrack along glitter edges, creating border. Let dry.
- 4. For reindeer and tree, on clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 5. For tree, roll from clay: 2" Green triangle (tree), skinny White rope (garland), and tiny Red, blue, and Yellow balls (ornaments). Press garland and ornaments on tree.
- 6. For reindeer, roll from clay: two 4" Tan logs (legs), 2" Tan oval (head), two 1" Tan ovals (ears), four 1/2" Brown ovals (inner ears and hooves), two tiny White and Blue balls (eyes and pupils), tiny Red ball (nose), and 1" Beige balls (antlers). Use photo to form reindeer on top of frame, wrapping legs onto front. Remove reindeer and wrap legs with aluminum foil, keeping shape. For antlers, flatten ball and use toothpick to create indentation.
- 7. Position tree and reindeer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay items in oven. Let cool. Remove foil from reindeer.
- 8. Position CD case open to stand. Glue reindeer on top of frame. Glue tree on bottom of frame. Glue rhinestone star on top of tree. Let dry.
- 9. Tape photo inside opening.
by Sandy Rollinger