Perfectly Simple Pillowcase
Aren’t the rich fall tones of this pillowcase absolutely stunning? In as little as an hour, you can create this easy-to-sew design.
- Cotton fabrics: red paisley, 27”x42”; gold striped, 2-1/2”x42”; green star patterned, 9”x42”
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- 1. Fits standard size (20"x30") pillow. Use 1/2” seam allowance; reinforce seams with zigzag stitch 1/4” from raw edge.
- 1. Fold gold (accent) strip in half lengthwise, wrong sides together; press. Fold green (header) strip in half lengthwise, wrong sides together; press.
- 2. Lay red (main) fabric out, right side facing up. With raw edges together, layer accent strip, then header strip along long edge of main fabric. Pin layers together; sew. (Note: Remove pins as you sew.) Press seam towards header and accent strip towards main fabric.
- 3. Fold pillowcase in half widthwise; right sides of fabric facing. Pins together along raw edges; sew. Clip corners at angle; press seams to one direction. Turn right side out.
by Karen Smith