Candy Cane Card Box
- Wooden box, 4-1/4"x6-1/2"
- Wooden flat discs, eight 1-1/2"
- Think plywood sheet, three 6"x12"
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Hauser Dark Green, Santa Red, Holly Green, Snow White
- Red rhinestones
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Ellison Sizzix Machine and Dies: Leaves, Holly with Berries
- 1. On covered work surface, paint outside of box and lid Snow White. Paint inside and top of box Santa Red. Let dry.
- 2. Measure and use scissors to cut out 14-3/4"x1" strips and 14-3/4"x3" strips from plywood sheet. Paint strips Santa Red. Let dry. Glue 1" strips on box lid and 3" strips on box walls. Let dry.
- 3. Use machine and Holly Leaves die to cut one large and three small leaves from plywood sheet. Paint leaves Holly Green and Hauser Dark Green. Let dry. Glue leaves on front three sides of box. Let dry.
- 4. For box feet, glue discs together in pairs. Let dry. Paint feet Holly Green. Let dry. Glue feet onto bottom of box.
- 5. Glue rhinestones (berries) between leaves. Let dry.
by Debby Forshey-Choma