Decoupage Collage Tree
size: 12" tall
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 9" cone, 4" ball
- Wooden dowel, 3" length
- Recycled magazines
- Glitter paint
- Plaid Mod Podge Gloss Medium
- Craft paste (Designer used Yes! Paste)
- Heavy-duty craft glue
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, paintbrush, foam brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Hole punch
- 1. From recycled magazines, cut out green and red images. Cut magazine images into 1/2"-wide strips.
- 2. Use plastic knife to cut 4" foam ball in half. (Use one half for project.) Use scissors point to carve out hole in center top of ball-half (for dowel) and center bottom of cone (tree). Insert dowel into tree and other end into base of ball. Spot glue holes.
- 3. On covered work surface, use foam brush to apply paste onto tree. Apply paste onto green magazine strips; wrap strips around tree. Continue wrapping tree, layering green magazine strips, until all areas are covered.
- 4. Use foam brush to apply paste onto ball-half (tree stand). Apply paste onto red magazine strips; wrap strips around tree stand. Continue wrapping tree stand, layering red magazine strips, until all areas are covered.
- 5. For tree trunk, cut out brown magazine image. Wrap and glue image around tree trunk.
- 6. Use paintbrush to apply one coat of gloss medium on tree, tree trunk, and tree stand. Let dry.
- 7. Use hole punch to punch ornament shapes from magazine scraps. Use paintbrush to paint ornaments with glitter paint. Let dry. Glue ornaments on tree.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Chemical Co.