Sentiments of the Season
- Thin plywood sheet, 6"x12" (Designer purchased at local craft store)
- DCWV print paper: The Christmas Stack
- Royal Rub-on Transfers: Ian & Faith Alphabet
- DecoArt Americana Dazzling Metallics: Glorious Gold
- Holiday-print metallic ribbon, 10" length
- Gold metallic ribbon, 60" length
- Sequins: green round, pink flowers
- Paper or craft glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Ellison Sizzix Machine and Dies: Bigz Serif Essentials Alphabet Set, Tags #3
- 1. Use machine and Tags die to cut two scallop tags and three straight edge tags from plywood sheet.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint both sides of tags Glorious Gold. Let dry.
- 3. Use machine and Tags die to cut tag shapes from The Christmas Stack papers. Glue tag shapes onto each tag. Let dry.
- 4. Measure and cut five 1-1/2"x2" strips from striped print paper. Glue strips along bottom of each tag. Let dry.
- 5. Use machine and Alphabet dies to cut W, P, H, J, and L from plywood sheet. Paint each letter Glorious Gold. Let dry.
- 6. Glue letter on each tag. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply rub-on transfer onto each tag to spell: Wish, Peace, Hope, Joy, and Love.
- 7. Measure and cut five 2" holiday-print ribbon lengths. Glue ribbon lengths on tags. Glue green and flower sequins on tags.
- 8. For hangers, measure and cut five 12" lengths from gold metallic ribbon. Insert ribbon ends through hole on each tag; knot ends together.
by Debby Forshey-Choma