Cross-Stitch School Days Frame
size of finished design: 7-1/2”x9-3/4”; stitch count: 106 w x 137 h
- Wichelt Imports 14-count White Perforated Paper
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- School photo, 3-1/2”x5”
Backstitch : 1 or 2 strands (see directions)
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
French Knot : 1 strand (wrapped two times)
scissors, needle, q-snap or hoop
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric.
- 2. Backstitch design with 1 strand DMC 310 Black except use 2 strands DMC 310 Black to backstitch grade specification and musical notes. Backstitch “Music” lettering with 2 strands DMC 921 Copper and mathematical sign with 2 strands DMC 349 Coral-DK.
- 3. For student’s name, designer used DMC 312 Baby Blue-VY DK and suggests using DMC 3834 Grape-DK for girl’s name.
- 4. Position 3-1/2”x5” photo on back of stitched piece on photo area; trace around photo adding one or two rows for border. Cut out opening. Tape photo inside frame. Frame design as desired.
by Jennifer Rodriguez for Always Time to Stitch