Witch Hat Wall Art
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Cone, 3”x6”
- Black frame, 8”x10”
- BasicGrey Eerie Collection Papers: Creepy, Evil Eye
- Oval metal charm, 3/4”x1-1/4”
- Plastic spider
- Black crushed panné fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Black feather boa trim, 1/3 yd.
- Purple ribbon, 5/8”-wide, 1/6 yd.
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, serrated knife, straight pins, small paintbrush
- Compass or circle template, 6”
- Crystal glitter glue
- Purple glitter
- Adhesives: permanent adhesive runner, clear dots, low-temp glue gun
- 1. Disassemble frame. Cut 8”x10” Creepy paper panel; adhere to glass front using adhesive runner. Reassemble frame.
- 2. Use serrated knife to cut cone in half vertically. Cut 15” square from black fabric. Place one half-cone near side/corner of fabric. Wrap fabric around cone, securing with pins at back. Trim excess fabric, leaving small amount at top to make bent tip.
- 3. Cut 6” cardboard circle; cut circle in half for hat brim. Wrap black fabric around brim, gluing edges to straight cardboard edge. Adhere brim to hat, making sure flat edges are flush and centered.
- 4. Adhere boa trim around brim; adhere ribbon around hat crown, adding charm to band. Pin ribbon ends at back of hat.
- 5. Hand-cut 6” feather from Evil Eye paper; snip edges to create fringe. Cut thin strip from same paper; roll and flatten to create center quill and adhere to feather. Tuck and glue feather into hatband.
- 6. Use glue gun to adhere hat to frame.
- 7. Coat plastic spider with glitter glue; sprinkle with purple glitter. Tap off excess glitter; let dry completely. Adhere spider to hat using glue gun.
- 1. Create a large three-dimensional hat as a fashionable table centerpiece, or create small hats as take-home party favors.
by Patty Schaffer for Dow