Vintage Button Napkin Rings
size: 1-1/2” diameter
- Pure copper wire, 14-gauge, 12” length (for each ring)
- Beadalon Gunmetal Artistic Wire, 20-gauge
- Buttons Galore & More Gold Vintage Button with Shank Back
- Connie Crystal Round Bead, 6mm, two (for each ring)
- Heavy-duty wire cutters
- Beadalon: wire snips, round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers
- Midas Black/Brown Patina
- Wooden dowel, 1-1/2” diameter (or mandrel)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- 1. Cut 12” length of copper wire. Wrap wire around wooden dowel three times. Remove from dowel and dip wire into diluted Black/Brown Patina following manufacturer’s instructions. Let dry.
- 2. Once wire ring is fully dried, thread gold vintage button onto center of middle wrap. Use hot glue to attach button to ring.
- 3. Use round-nose pliers to turn ends of wire into small curls at each end.
- 4. Use wire snips to cut two 3” lengths of Gunmetal wire. Thread one round crystal onto center of wire. Wrap one end of wire just below top curl at end of wire ring. Wrap three times above and three times below crystal; use wire snips to trim ends. Use chain-nose pliers to press ends of wire against wire ring. Repeat with second piece of wire on opposite end of napkin ring.
- 5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each additional napkin ring needed.
by Keri Lee Sereika