Leaf Card and Candle Wrap
Torn papers with these easy-to-paint leaves are a simple yet elegant way to embellish cards, candles, and more!
- Black card, 5”x7”
- Metallic gold cardstock
- Rice papers: black, natural, green
- Plaid Gallery Glass Window Color Paint: Emerald Green, Citrus Yellow
- Plaid Gallery Glass Gold Metallic Liquid Leading
- Gold craft wire, 18-gauge, 6” length
- Ivory candle, 3"x6"
scissors, pencil, ruler, transfer paper, paintbrush, tape
- Delta Sobo Glue
- 1. Finished sizes: candle, 3”x6”; card, 5”x7”
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer pattern to gold paper. Trace lines with Gold leading; let dry. Fill in leaves with Emerald Green and Citrus Yellow; use paintbrush tip to blend colors together.
- 2. Cut out leaves, leaving 1/8” border. Poke hole in each leaf. Thread wire through hole; twist and curl ends.
- Candle Wrap
- 1. Cut desired-width strip from black paper to fit around candle, 4”x9-1/2” rectangle from natural paper, and three 2-1/2”x3” rectangles from green paper. Carefully tear edges.
- 2. Adhere natural rectangle to black strip. Wrap strip around candle; tape ends at back. Adhere green rectangles and leaves to candle wrap.
- 1. Cut 3-1/2”x5-1/2” rectangle from natural paper and 3”x4” rectangle from green paper; tear edges.
- 2. Sponge paint card front 14K Gold; let dry. Adhere green rectangle to natural rectangle, then to card front as shown. Adhere leaves to card.
- 1. To create a different look, use other patterns such as ornaments, trees, bows, candy canes, and gift boxes.
by Alice Disney Huelskamp for Delta Creative