Love, Love, Love Card
Remember, sometimes a sentiment makes the perfect focal point. Use letter stickers in a variety of styles to create your message.
- American Crafts Kraft Cardstock
- Webster's Pages Sunday Picnic Collection Paper: Rainbow Sky, Blanket of Poppies, Picnic Basket, Sunday Gathering, Al Fresco, Fly a Kite, Poppy Fields, On Our Way
- White vellum
- Melissa Frances Pearl Stickers
- Webster's Pages Storytellers Alphabet Stickers: Hollywood Vogue, Girl Land, Trendsetter
- Martha Stewart Crafts Burgundy/White Baker's Twine
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- Fiskars Pinking Paper Edgers
- Punches: Fiskars Hearts, Large and Small; Martha Stewart Crafts Pinked Circle
- Brown ink pad
- Black journaling pen
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, glue pen, foam squares
- 1. Make 9"x4" kraft top-fold card; sponge edges with brown ink.
- 2. Cut 8-1/2"x3” Rainbow Sky paper panel; sponge edges brown. Cut 8-1/2"x1/2” Blanket of Poppies paper strip and trim bottom edge with pinking scissors; sponge edges brown. Adhere border to top edge of cream panel; adhere cream panel to card.
- 3. Sew straight stitch around edges of card and around edges of cream panel as shown.
- 4. Punch six circles, one each from remaining papers, and stitch together with sewing machine, forming long banner. Adhere to card with foam squares.
- 5. Tie twine bows and adhere to card with glue pen; let dry.
- 6. Punch one large and two small hearts from vellum; adhere to card with glue pen. Adhere pearls and alphabet stickers to card as shown.
- 1. To create quick banners for cards and other paper projects, simply punch shapes and stitch through them with a sewing machine. Practice until you get the hang of it.
by Jill Cornell