Elegant Beaded Lamp
Impress friends with this beautiful home accent. Design to fit your own style - the possibilities are endless!
- Lamp with shade, 23” tall
- Fabric, two coordinating prints, 1/2 yd. each
- Crystal beaded trim, 1 yd.
- Braid, 1/2”-wide: green, off-white
- Green cord, 1/4”-wide
- Green fringe, 1”-wide
scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Silver (or color of choice) acrylic paint
- Aleene’s Repositionable Tacky Spray
- 1. To make lamp shade pattern, measure around bottom edge of shade and divide by four. Repeat for top edge of shade. Using two lengths, draw “trapezoid” shape (Fig. 1). (Note: This pattern covers 1/4 of lamp shade.) (see photos)
- 2. Using pattern, cut two pieces from each fabric. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply adhesive to fabric. Position fabric on shade, alternating pieces; press in place.
- 3. Measure and cut the following: beaded trim and green braid (bottom edge of shade); green cord and fringe (top edge of shade); off-white braid (sides of shade). Apply adhesive; press in place.
- 4. For lamp base, lightly sand rough edges; wipe clean. Basecoat silver; let dry. Cut fabric to cover lamp column; position and adhere in place. Measure and cut off-white braid to cover fabric seams; adhere in place.
for Duncan Enterprises