Five-Strand Sapphire Bracelet
Deep-blue sapphire beads make up this bracelet, perfect for formal events or casual nights out on the town.
- Toggle bar and clasp
- Tigertail stringing kit
- Sapphire small bead assortment, 3 pkgs.
- Silver-tone beads, 4mm, 1 pkg.
- Blue faceted beads, 10mm, 1 pkg.
- Diamond-shaped metal beads, 1 pkg.
- Five-hole spacer bars, four
- Chain-nose pliers
- Bead-design board or terry cloth towel
- 1. Use wire cutter to cut five 12” lengths from Tigertail.
- 2. Insert one length though center hole of one spacer bar. Add 1” of various size/style beads to left side. Insert left end through second spacer bar. Add 1” of beads in same way. Add an additional 1” of beads, a crimp bead, then one end of clasp. Insert end back through crimp bead.
- 3. Slide crimp bead up to clasp, leaving 1/8” gap. (Note: Be sure only 1/2” of end extends from crimp bead.) Squeeze crimp bead flat. Insert end into last bead added and trim excess. Repeat steps to finish right side; attach other end of clasp.
- 4. Repeat above steps for remaining four strands, aligning each through its own hole in spacer bars and mixing bead styles and shapes as desired.
by Lynda Musante