Clay Coiled Easter Eggs
- Hollow, blown-out eggs
- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay: Rose, Purple, Lilac, Lemonade, Sweet Potato, Granny Smith
pin or needle, sponge scrap or paintbrush
- Polyform Sculpey Bake and Bond
- Clay extruder
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- 1. Blow out yoke and egg white by using pin to poke hole in top and bottom of egg. Make hole on bottom slightly larger. Hold egg over bowl and blow hard through top hole. Rinse egg with water by filling egg with water and blowing it out until clean. Set eggs aside to dry.
- 2. Condition 1/4 block of three colors of clay. Use clay extruder to form skinny logs or roll clay into thin snakes using hands.
- 3. Apply thin layer of Bake and Bond on top 1/3 of egg. Coil clay snake around top hole. (Note: Do not cover hole or clay will crack when baking.) Keep coiling clay snake around egg. Repeat to cover egg in three clay colors, keeping bottom hole uncovered.
- 4. Bake eggs on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven following manufacturer’s instructions. Let cool.
by Phoebe Doehring for Polyform Products