Bluework Floral Pillow
Create a timeless treasure. Stitched only as an outline in blue, this vintage style of embroidery is still popular today.
- Crocheted-edge pillow sham (or style of choice), 16” square
- Blue braid, 1-3/4 yds.
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Dark Lavender Blue (#3838)
- Blue sewing thread
Chain Stitch : 2 strands
French Knot : 2 strands, wrapped two times
Split Stitch : 2 strands
Stem Stitch : 2 strands
Straight Stitch : 2 strands
scissors, transfer paper
- Embroidery needles: size 3, size 9
- Prym-Dritz Fray Check
- 1. Print and cut out pattern; transfer design.
- 2. Use two strands floss to stitch design as follows. Straight stitch lines inside bud, flowers, and small lines in leaves. Stem stitch outside of small leaves, inside lines of large leaves, and all stems. Split stitch outside of flowers and buds. Chain stitch outside of large leaves. Make French knot flower centers.
- 3. Cut trim lengths to fit each side of pillow front, using photo as guide. Apply non-fray solution to trim ends. Sew trim to pillow.
by Linda Wyszynski