Lavender Garden Votive Centerpiece
Candlelight combined with lavender berries, pansies, hydrangea blossoms, and assorted grasses create a relaxing touch to your home décor.
- Glass items: cylinder vase, 3-1/4”x6”; votive holder to fit inside vase
- Purple votive candle
- Grapevine twig wreath, 4-1/2” diameter
- Artificial flowers and greenery: silk pansy blossoms, six; lavender berry spray with 12 berries, 12” long; dark blue hydrangea blossoms, four; assorted grasses and small foliage
- Blue sea glass, 1 pkg.
- Wire cutters
- All-purpose adhesive
- 1. Place vase in wreath opening. (Note: Use wire cutters to cut wreath if necessary. Flowers will conceal cut areas.) Glue leaves to wreath bottom. Cut apart berry stems; glue to wreath so one stem is positioned vertically at height of 8” and remaining stem is positioned horizontally.
- 2. Glue grasses and foliage to wreath around berries, and pansy and hydrangea blossoms to foliage. Fill in with assorted flowers and foliage. Shape and arrange stems and foliage to achieve natural look. Place sea glass in vase, votive holder on sea glass, and candle in holder.
by Edwin R. Smith