Bright and Shiny Happy Birthday
Vibrant with color, this card is the perfect way to send "Happy Birthday" wishes to someone special.
- Cardstock: hot pink; turquoise blue
- Birthday-themed paper
- Metal-Rimmed Round Vellum Tag, 1-1/2”
- EK Success Sticko Vellum Fun Flowers stickers
- Olive green grosgrain ribbon, 3/8”
paper trimmer, scoring tool
- Corner rounder punch
- Clear adhesive dots
- 1. Cut 5-1/2”x11” piece from turquoise cardstock; score and fold to measure 5-1/2” square. Round card corners.
- 2. Cut 5-1/2” squares from pink cardstock and patterned paper. Using photo as guide, tear bottom edges of both squares so layer beneath will show. Adhere layers to card front as shown. Round upper corners again.
- 3. Adhere flower sticker to tag, hiding tag hole beneath sticker. Adhere sticker to card with clear adhesive dot. Cut 4-1/2” length from ribbon, fold in half, and adhere under tag with adhesive dot.
- 1. Try baby rickrack in place of ribbon for a fun effect.
- 2. Try this technique again using a different patterned paper to fit the occasion.
by Melanie Douthit