Bible Camp Quilled Cross
- Craft foam: light blue, dark blue
- Quilling paper strips, 3/8”x22”: green, orange, yellow
- Clear rhinestones, medium and large
- Ribbon, 1/8”-wide, 8” length
scissors, ruler, pencil, toothpicks
- Straw quilling tool (plastic drinking straw)
- Decorative-edge scissors (optional)
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print out patterns. Trace cross pattern onto light blue craft foam; cut out. Cut smaller cross from dark blue craft foam for inner cross. Cut edges around edges of both crosses using decorative-edge scissors if desired. Adhere darker cross on lighter cross. Let dry.
- 2. For tool, cut plastic drinking straw to 3” length. Snip end creating slit. For center of cross, position end of 22”-long orange paper strip into slit. Hold tool in place with one hand and twirl paper around tool with other hand. Remove paper from straw, forming coil shape. Tighten coil using fingers and add dot of glue on end. Let dry.
- 3. Coil four yellow paper strips. Form yellow coils into teardrop shapes. Adhere ends.
- 4. Cut six 6” lengths of green paper. Coil green paper strips. Form coils into teardrop shapes. Adhere ends.
- 5. Adhere orange quilled circle to center of cross. Apply glue on yellow teardrops; press teardrops around orange circle. Adhere green teardrops to top and sides of cross. Adhere three green teardrops to bottom of cross leaving spaces between each.
- 6. Adhere larger rhinestones between yellow shapes and at cross ends. Adhere smaller rhinestones between green shapes.
- 7. Cut 8” length of ribbon. Adhere ends on back of cross to hang. Let dry several hours before hanging.
by Sandy Rollinger