Swirled Clay Cuff Bracelets
Lightweight and comfortable to wear, these bracelets are simple to make and have endless color possibilities!
- Polyform: Premo! Accents: Green Translucent, Blue Translucent, Blue Pearl, Bright Green Pearl, Peacock Pearl, Translucent, Purple Pearl, Magenta Pearl; Premo! Sculpey: Pomegranate, Purple
craft knife, foam brush
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Cuff Bracelet
- Polyform: Sculpey Glossy Glaze, Clay Conditioning Machine
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Wet/dry sandpaper, 400 grit
- 1. size: 2”-3” diameter
- 1. Make sure metal cuff blank fits wrist properly. Bend slightly to ensure proper fit.
- 2. Cut 1/4 brick of each clay. Condition each brick and roll each brick into 6”-long snake. (Note: Designer used Green Translucent, Blue Translucent, Blue Pearl, Bright Green Pearl, and Peacock Pearl for one bracelet, and Purple, Translucent, Purple Pearl, Magenta Pearl, and Pomegranate for other bracelet.) Press colored snakes together and roll to make one large snake. Twist colors together and roll. Fold in half; twist and roll again. Repeat process until desired blend of colors is achieved.
- 3. Squeeze snake into chubby cylinder shape; roll in other direction. (Note: It is important to roll in opposite direction so you have striations of color running horizontal along bracelet.) Make sure snake is approximately 6” long.
- 4. Slightly flatten snake to 3/4”-wide. Run snake through Clay Conditioning Machine on #1 setting. Gently press conditioned clay strip onto metal cuff blank, smoothing to remove air bubbles. (Note: Be careful to not put indentations or fingerprints in bracelet.) Using craft knife, trim away excess clay so strip fits perfectly on metal blank. Gently press edges, lining up ends.
- 5. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake bracelet on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool. Gently remove bracelet from metal cuff. Lightly sand edges if needed. Apply Glossy Glaze using foam brush. Let dry.
- 1. Cool bracelet quickly by placing in a bowl of cold water after baking.
by Phoebe Doehring for Polyform Products