Knit Yarn-Covered Frame
- Caron Sheep(ish) Yarn: Teal(ish) (0016) and Turquoise(ish) (0017)
- Flat-front frame, 5”x7”
BO = bind off
CO = cast on
k = knit
k2tog = knit two stitches together (as if one)
RS = Right Side
ssk = slip two stitches (one at a time), then knit together through back loops
st(s) = stitch(es)
- Knitting needles, US 8 (5mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Clear craft glue
- 1. 17 sts x 32 rows = 4” in garter stitch (knit every row).
- 1. Make 2 alike pieces.
- 2. Note: Teal(ish) (A) and Turquoise(ish) (B) throughout.
- 3. With A, CO 71 sts.
- 4. Row 1 (RS): Ssk, k to last 2 sts, k2tog. (69 sts)
- 5. Row 3: With B, ssk, k to 2 sts before marker, ssk, slip marker, k2tog, k to last 2 sts, k2tog. (65 sts)
- 6. Row 4: Knit.
- 7. Rows 5 and 6: With A, repeat Rows 3-4.
- 8. Repeat Rows 3-6 until piece measures desired height to fit frame. (Note: Since frames differ, be sure to hold piece up to frame as you knit to get the right height.) BO.
- 1. Row 2: K 31, place marker, k 38.
- 1. Lay two finished pieces flat with angled edges meeting. Using tapestry needle and yarn, whipstitch together. Weave in ends.
- 2. Using finger or foam brush, spread layer of glue over front surface of frame.
- 3. Place knitted frame front on top of frame. Press into place. Let dry using heavy book on top to help weight in place.
by Vickie Howell