Serenity Beeswax Card
- White cardstock
- White tissue paper
- Tiny black adhesive pearl
- Vintage buttons: brown, clear
- Fine twine: brown, natural
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, tweezers, small sponge, cardboard
- Wooden craft stick
- Mini stapler and staples
- Paper distressing tool
- Stamps: Artistic Outpost Serenity; Memory Box Heart Bird Keepsake, Vintage Record Sheet
- Ranger Ink Pads: Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo, Archival Jet Black
- Tattered Angels Mists: Chalkboard Decadence, Glimmer Jazz Blue
- Ranger Melt Art Beeswax and Tools: Melting Pot, Project Pan
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots
- 1. Never leave melted wax unattended.
- 1. Make white top-fold card.
- 2. Stamp black record sheet image over an entire sheet of white cardstock, re-inking stamp between impressions and stamping images side by side without overlapping.
- 3. Re-ink and stamp record sheet over original image, shifting 1” to right to create layered effect. Repeat for each original impression.
- 4. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to melt beeswax pellets in project pan.
- 5. Place stamped cardstock onto a sheet of sturdy cardboard. Gently pour melted wax onto stamped background and smear over surface; use wooden craft stick to move wax as needed. See Photo 1. (see photos)
- 6. Place tissue paper over wax on stamped background. See Photo 2. Use heat tool to re-melt wax, adhering tissue to surface. Heat entire background. Holding edge of cardstock with tweezers, use heat tool to thin and move wax around. Turn paper as needed. (Note: An uneven application of wax will create more texture.) (see photos)
- 7. Spray surface with brown mist. Using heat tool, heat up background again. Holding edge with tweezers, use heat tool to thin and move wax and color. See Photo 3. (see photos)
- 8. Let background dry and cool. Tear away excess tissue paper and add additional layers of brown mist as desired; let dry completely. See Photo 4. (see photos)
- 9. Cut a 6-1/4”x4” panel from background. Distress edges with tool. Sponge edges Vintage Photo.
- 10. Stamp black bird/heart image onto tissue paper. Spray with blue mist; let dry. Detail cut heart. Sponge edges Vintage Photo. See Photo 5. (see photos)
- 11. Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock; trim into thin, 3”-long strip with sentiment at right end. Distress edges. Sponge entire strip Vintage Photo.
- 12. Using a tiny bit of paper adhesive, adhere heart to background. Adhere sentiment strip as shown; staple each end of strip.
- 13. Using a stylus, poke four holes at top right and left edges of heart. “Sew” brown twine through holes in an “X.” Adhere background to card; staple each corner.
- 14. Cut a 4” natural twine length. Insert ends through brown button, centering button on twine and making an “X” through buttonholes. “Sew” twine through clear buttons, leaving a bit of space between buttons; trim twine ends. Adhere buttons to card with clear dots.
by Suzanne Czosek