Sisters' Vintage Purse Album
- FabScraps Hand Bag Album, 8”x8”x3”
- Heritage Collection 12”x12” Papers*: Heritage Small Floral (4 sheets), Heritage Script 2 (3), Heritage Script 3 (2), Heritage Roses (2)
- Die-Cut Embellishments*: “Life Story” Words, 2” Bird, 3” Lock, 2-1/4” Key
- Metal Embellishments*, three: Birthday, Baby Girl, Keyhole Plate
- Filigree Brass Shapes*, 12: Hearts, Flowers, Leaf Motifs
- Charms*, 12: Keys, Hearts, Butterflies, Leaf Motifs
- Plaid Wood Buttons*, 5/8” diameter, four
- Brown Half-Pearls*, .157” diameter, 10
- Flowers*: Silk, 2”-3” diameter, Gold (2) and Brown (4); Paper Roses, Light Pink (2) and Dark Pink (2)
- Ribbon: 1/8” pink, 1/8” mauve, 5/8” pink argyle-print
- Tan printer-weight paper, 8-1/2”x11”, several sheets
- Photos, sepia-tone or black-and-white
- Elmer’s CraftBond Black Photo Corners
- Memorabilia including old letters, postcards, telegrams, birth announcements, etc.
- *Products by FabScraps
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 9” Paper Trimmer, 12” Metal Ruler, 5” Precision Tip Scissors
- Design Master Spray Primer
- Design Master ColorTool Spray Color: Chocolate Brown, Antique Gold
- Quick Quotes Powder Puffs Amaretto Chalking Ink
- Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives: Repositionable Glue Stick, All-Purpose Glue Stick, Mini Thin Glue Spots, Medium Thin Glue Spots, Medium 3-D Pop-Up Glue Spots
- 1. Gently remove purse handle from brackets. Lightly sand handle and brackets. Place purse in plastic bag; secure top of bag with painter’s tape so only brackets show beyond bag.
- 2. In well-ventilated area, spray brackets and handle with two coats Primer; let dry overnight. Spray primed areas Antique Gold. Holding Chocolate Brown at a distance, lightly spatter paint pieces. Let dry completely.
- 3. Spray and spatter paint desired chipboard and resin embellishments in same way as handle; let dry.
- 4. Plan layout of album, thinking in terms of front, back, and two-page spreads. Keep chronology of story in mind when planning layout. (Note: To create more story-telling space, as shown on next page, see Step 9.
- 5. Remove album pages. Decide placement of papers on pages first, then photos, then embellishments.
- 6. For album cover, plan on one style of paper to cover front, flap, and back of album. Select a second style to cover top, bottom, and inside.
- 7. Cut paper pieces to fit album cover and pages; adhere to album with All-Purpose Glue Stick. To make it easier to see where to punch holes in paper-covered pages, cover one side of chipboard page, punch hole, then cover other side and punch hole.
- 8. Apply chalk ink on all edges of album and pages, including hinge areas, as well as edges of Life Story die cut. Distress top edges of purse with sandpaper; ink edges.
- 9. For more story-telling space, tri-fold a sheet of copy paper widthwise to create an accordion-fold insert. Trim length to fit on album page, ink edges, and glue to page. To create a pull tab, cut and fold a 3” length of argyle ribbon in half and adhere to edge of paper with Glue Spots.
- 10. Use photocopier set at 50% reduction to copy memorabilia onto tan paper. Trim to desired sizes and ink edges. Type or hand-write any helpful information onto tan paper; trim to size.
- 11. Use repositionable glue stick to temporarily adhere photos and reduced items as you plan layout. Detail cut some photos; add black photo corners to others.
- 12. Add embellishments to pages, allowing some to extend beyond edge of page. Cut a 9” pink ribbon length and tie in a bow around heart charm before adding to front page.
- 13. Position keyhole plate onto front purse flap, overlapping edge 1”. Remove and fill in area behind keyhole with black marker. Adhere plate with Glue Spots.
- 14. Use computer to format “Sisters” to fit on metal embellishment. Print onto tan paper, trim to size, and adhere to metal with Glue Spots. Adhere to purse as shown.
- 15. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to punch out and make paper roses; ink edges. Adhere paper roses and one silk flower to purse front with Glue Spots. Use Mini Glue Spots to adhere Life Story piece. Embellish purse with half-pearls.
- 16. To embellish handle, string keys onto an 18” mauve ribbon length and tie into bow around handle. Position handle upright and adhere flowers against handle with 3D Glue Spots.
- 17. Reassemble album.
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.