July 4th Treat Bag
- Red cardstock
- Papers: red/white stripe, blue/light blue polka dot
- Red button
- Large crystal gem
- Red sparkle tulle
- Red seam binding
- Red/tan gingham ribbon
- Silver metallic chenille stems
- Red/blue baker’s twine
- Silver tinsel bag filler
- Pencils, candy, etc.
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Sizzlits Decorative Strip Mini Paper Rosettes Die
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Americana Background & Borders Embossing Plate Set
- Rubber brayer
- Ink pads: blue, brown
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, foam dots
- 1. Cut a 5”x6-1/2” striped paper panel. Emboss using Americana Print embossing folder. Coat brayer with blue ink and gently roll over embossed image to highlight design; let dry.
- 2. Cut a 5”x6-1/2” red cardstock panel. Sew panels together to create pocket. Sponge edges with brown ink.
- 3. Die cut a paper rosette from blue dot paper; assemble and adhere to pocket with foam dots.
- 4. Emboss a piece of red cardstock with rocket folder; detail cut rocket and adhere to rosette. Tie twine bow; adhere bow and gem to rocket. Tuck and adhere small piece of tulle and several curled chenille stems under rosette.
- 5. Adhere ends of a chenille stem inside top of bag on each side using clear dots to create handle. Tie ribbons into bow around top of handle. Thread button with twine; adhere to bow with clear dot.
- 6. Fill bag with silver tinsel and desired treats.
- 1. Use other phrase embossing folders to create favors for other themes like thank you, baby, and birthday.
by Debi Adams for Sizzix