Outdoor Vase Lanterns
- Recycled flower vase (with curved neck)
- Beadalon Stainless Steel Round Wire, 18-gauge, 14” length
- Hemp twine, 4 yds.
- Glass beads
- Citronella pillar candle
- Beadalon: Italian Wire Cutters, Round-Nose Pliers
- Royal & Langnickel E-Z Rub-On Transfers: Summer Sentiments (RUB-ROY505)
- Aleene’s: Fabric Fusion, Liquid Fusion
- 1. Wash and dry vase. Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply rub-on transfer onto vase.
- 2. Apply Fabric Fusion on one end of hemp twine. Press hemp end on vase neck. Wrap hemp around neck of vase tightly, securing with Fabric Fusion randomly. Adhere hemp end. Let glue set for four hours.
- 3. Use wire cutters to cut 14” length of wire. Insert one end of wire through hemp twine lengths. Use round-nose pliers to create small loop on wire end. Use Liquid Fusion to adhere wire to hemp.
- 4. String glass beads in random fashion on wire length until entire wire length is covered, leaving 2” at end. Insert wire end into wrapped hemp lengths; use round-nose pliers to wrap loop on end. Adhere wire to secure.
- 5. Insert pillar candle in vase. Use long-handled candle lighter to light lantern.
by Melony Bradley