Shell Collage Display
- Walnut Hollow Basswood Canvas, 9”x12”
- Wooden embellishments
- Vintage travel-themed postcards
- Ranger Tim Holtz Idea-logy Foundations Box Feet, four
- Shells, driftwood, coral, sea glass
- Scrapbook print paper, 8-1/2”x11” sheet, one
scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers (to protect work surface), paper towels, flat paintbrush, fine-grit sandpaper
- Cream acrylic paint
- Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Paper Glue, Tiger Bond Extreme Strength Odorless Adhesive
- 1. Using Tiger Bond, adhere wooden embellishment to top of wooden canvas.
- 2. Paint wooden canvas and embellishment with one coat of cream acrylic. Let dry.
- 3. Gently sand edges of wood with sandpaper for distressed look.
- 4. Apply cream acrylic to box feet; wipe off with paper towel. Adhere box feet to bottom of canvas using Tiger Bond.
- 5. Cut print paper to fit inside areas of canvas. Adhere paper using Zip Dry Paper Glue.
- 6. Arrange postcards inside canvas. Adhere using Zip Dry Paper Glue.
- 7. Arrange and adhere shells, coral, and driftwood inside canvas using Tiger Bond adhesive.
by Rebekah Meier