Vintage Address Sign
- Walnut Hollow French Provincial Signboard (14032)
- Wooden numbers, 6”
- Scrapbook/print papers: vintage encyclopedia, black with script pattern
- Antique doorknob
- Adhesive flat-backed crystals
- Picture frame wire hanging kit
scissors, sandpaper, soft cloth, foam brush, paintbrush, drill and screwdriver
- Rubber stamps, 1”: bird, ornate alphabet, numbers, swirl
- Paper trimmer
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Spa Blue, Lamp Black
- Black pigment ink
- Aleene’s: Original Tacky Glue, Collage Pauge, Tacky Line Runner
- 1. Sand surface of board and wooden letters. Wipe clean with soft cloth. Paint board Spa Blue and letters Lamp Black.
- 2. Tear random sheets from vintage encyclopedia paper. Use foam brush and découpage medium to adhere sheets to bottom portion of board. Smooth air bubbles. Apply four coats of découpage medium if displaying board outside (under covered surface). Tear random sheets for top of board; découpage in place.
- 3. Use paper trimmer to cut 1”x12” black script print strip. Découpage strip to center of board. Trim edges. Apply four coats of découpage medium. Smooth air bubbles.
- 4. When dry, stamp motifs as desired using rubber stamps of choice and black pigment ink. Use tape runner to center line across script print strip; press adhesive crystals on strip. (Note: The additional adhesive will help secure crystals if displaying outside.)
- 5. Drill hole on board for doorknob. Use screwdriver and hardware included with doorknob to secure in place. Use tacky glue to adhere numbers on board. Let dry completely.
- 6. Hang board with wire hanging kit or hanger of choice.
- 1. For authentic vintage print paper, use pages from an old encyclopedia that is no longer being used.
by Melony Bradley