size: 12" length
- Paper plate, 9”
- 3M Post-it Craft Paper: Pink, Purple
- Wooden dowel, 12” length
- Yellow pom-pom, 1”
- Silver glitter chenille stem, 6” length
- Curling ribbon, 48” lengths: yellow, pink, purple
- Circle punches: 1/2”, 1”, 1-1/2”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Bahama Blue, Lamp Black, Lemon Yellow
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print out pattern. Trace butterfly pattern onto paper plate; cut out.
- 2. Paint inside of butterfly Bahama Blue, using plate line as guide. Paint wings Lemon Yellow and dowel Lamp Black. Let dry.
- 3. Punch four 1” pink circles, two 1/2” purple circles, and two 1-1/2” purple circles. Peel backing from circles; press on body.
- 4. Glue yellow pom-pom (head) on dowel. Bend glitter stem in half; glue to head. Curl ends. Tie ribbon lengths around dowel; knot under head. Glue dowel to center of body.
by Linda Valentino