Dad's Baseball Pen & Holder
- Polyform Sculpey III Clay: French Blue, Tan, Sky Blue
- Bic ballpoint pen
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Old or promo credit card (for cutting)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- 1. For hat, roll one French Blue ball; slightly flatten on one side. Use toothpick to create hat lines and make hole on top (for pen). Form 1/4” ball into hat brim shape, following photo. Press brim onto bottom of hat.
- 2. Disassemble Bic ballpoint pen. Roll 1/4”-thick sheet of Tan clay. Measure and cut one 5” square of Tan clay; wrap square around pen. Cut 2-1/2” square and wrap around pen; repeat with another 2-1/2” square and wrap around pen, creating thicker area on bat. See photo. Roll 5/8” ball; press around bat end to cover bottom of pen.
- 3. Roll thin strip of Sky Blue clay; wrap around pen. Smooth edges.
- 4. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven. Bake clay items on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- 5. Reassemble pen. Insert base of bat into hat.
- 1. Bic ballpoint pens work best when clay-wrapping because they won’t melt when baked in the oven.
for Polyform Products