Foam Board Fun
sizes: mouse pad, 8”x10”; placemat, 14”x20”; postcard, 20”x30”
- Elmer’s Foam Board sheets: 8”x10”x3/16” Black on Black (mouse pad); 14”x20”x3/16” White (placemat); 20”x30”x3/16” White (postcard)
- Photo, 8”x10”
copy paper, plastic bag, heavy book, scratch paper, compass or 5” diameter bowl, pencil, measuring tape
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: #1 Craft Knife with extra blades, 12”x12” Self Healing Cutting Mat, 12” Metal Ruler
- Elmer’s Painters Opaque Paint Markers, Medium tip: Violet, Red, Citron Green, Orange, Yellow, Ocean Blue, Brown, Black, Green, Navy Blue
- Elmer’s Craftbond All Purpose Glue Stick
- 1. Adults, help kids when using craft knife.
- Mouse Pad
- 1. Position photo face down on several sheets of copy paper. Holding photo still, generously apply glue stick to back. Attach photo onto 8”x10” Black on Black foam board. Cover with plastic; use heavy book to weight down until dry.
- 2. Use craft knife and metal ruler on cutting mat to cut around outside edge of photo.
- 1. Use craft knife and metal ruler on cutting mat to cut 14”x20” White foam board rectangle.
- 2. Have kid create practice drawing with pencil on copy paper. Use pencil to write “Happy Dad’s Day!” and copy practice drawing on foam board. Go over pencil lines with paint markers.
- 1. Measure and mark center on both 30” sides of White foam board. Use Black paint marker to draw dividing line, like postcard.
- 2. For postmark, use compass or pencil and bowl to draw 5” diameter circle and four wavy lines. Go over pencil lines with Black paint marker. Referring to piece of mail, write postmark information inside circle: city, state, and date. Address card to Dad using paint markers.
- 3. Use paint markers to write message on left side of postcard and to draw pictures on opposite side.
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.