Thanks for Helping Us Grow
size: 12” tall
- Clay pot, 6”
- Recycled corrugated cardboard
- Wooden skewers
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 1-15/16”x3-7/8” disc arranger
- White cardstock or construction paper
- Black/white or color photos of choice
- Shredded paper
pencil, scissors, paintbrushes, paper trimmer, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Razzle Berry, Citron Green, Primary Yellow, Grape Juice, Indian Turquoise
- Aleene’s: Original Tacky Glue, Tacky Dot Roll, Tacky Sticker Sheets
- 1. Carefully separate layers of cardboard to reveal corrugated layer. Print out full-size pattern. Trace desired number of flowers with center opening onto cardboard; cut out.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint pot and skewers Lamp Black. Paint flowers remaining colors of acrylic paints. Let dry.
- 3. Cut photos to fit into center opening on flowers. Press tacky dots on front edges of photos; press on back of flowers. Use paper trimmer to cut tacky sticker sheets into 1/2”x3” strips; secure skewer stems on back of photos.
- 4. Position disc arranger into bottom of pot; use tacky glue to secure. Place skewers into disc arranger, arranging in levels like flower arrangement. Remove and place tacky glue on skewer ends; reinsert into foam.
- 5. Use paper trimmer to cut 3-1/2”x4-1/2” white cardstock rectangle. Write sentiment and draw outline with black marker. Use tacky dots to secure sentiment onto front of pot. Arrange shredded paper in pot around skewer stems.
by Melony Bradley