Brass Filligree Necklace & Earring Set
sizes: necklace, 20” length; earrings, 2”
- Oval natural stone pendant bead, 1-1/2”
- Round disc jade beads, 12
- Jasper stone bead chips, 50
- Medium brown teardrop crystal beads, 22
- Pale brown oblong shaped crystal beads, 10
- Beads4All (etsy.com): 1-1/2” Antique Brass Filigree Squares, Jump Rings, Lobster Clasp, Crimp Beads, Crimp Bead Covers
- Beadalon: Bead Stringing Wire, 19-strand, .015: Bronze
- Artistic Wire, 26-gauge, .017: Gun Metal
- Antique Brass findings: headpins, eye pins, small round pumpkin beads, two ear wires
- Beadalon: Designer Ergo cutter, chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers, crimper tool
- 1. Attach filigree squares together at top and bottom corners of center squares using jump rings.
- 2. Cut 6” length of Artistic Wire; wrap through center of bottom square. Thread one pale brown crystal bead followed by large stone pendant followed by pale brown crystal bead. Wrap wire through center of top square to complete pendant.
- 3. Cut two 10” lengths of Bronze beading wire. Thread one crimp bead onto one length of wire. Thread wire through top right side hole of pendant; loop over and back through crimp bead. Use crimper tool to crimp. Cover crimped bead with crimp cover; use crimp tool to close around bead.
- 4. Thread one medium brown teardrop bead onto wire followed by one pale brown, one jade disc bead, one pale brown bead, and one medium brown bead.
- 5. Thread 1” of jasper chip beads onto wire followed by one medium brown teardrop, one jade disc bead, and one medium brown bead. Repeat Step 5 until end of beading wire.
- 6. Thread one crimp bead onto wire. Pass wire through jump ring; loop back over and back through crimp bead. Use crimper tool to crimp. Cover crimped bead with crimp cover; use crimp tool to close around bead.
- 7. Repeat Steps 3-6 to finish other side of necklace. Attach lobster clasp to end of wire (instead of jump ring).
- 1. Thread one medium brown bead and one round disc jade bead onto headpin. Bend top of headpin; trim to 1/2”. Use chain-nose pliers to turn loop at top of headpin.
- 2. Thread one small brass bead, one brown round crystal, and one small brass bead onto eye pin. Bend top of eye pin; trim to 1/2”. Use chain-nose pliers to turn loop at top of eye pin.
- 3. Open loop at top of head pin; attach to bottom loop of eye pin. Open loop at top of eye pin; attach to ear wire.
- 4. Repeat Steps 1-3 to create other earring.
by Keri Lee Sereika