Vintage Fathers Day Card
size: 6”x6” closed; 12”x12” open
- Cardstock, 12”x12”: kraft, white
- Printer paper
- Black satin ribbon, 1-1/4”
paper trimmer, detail scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, metal ruler, pencil, bone folder, non-stick craft sheet, sponge dauber
- Stamp sets: Stampers Anonymous Artful Artifacts (CMS080) and Artful Flight (CMS069), Artistic Outpost Ephemeral Backgrounds, Gina K. Designs Nina Brackett Lovely Labels 3, Layers of Color Happy Wishes, Pink Paislee House of Three Daily Junque Collection
- Die-cutting system and Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Twenty-One Dies
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Collage/Notebook Texture Fades Embossing Folders
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Non-Stick Craft Sheet, Ink Blending Tool
- Ranger Ink Pads: Jet Black Archival, Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Broken China and Vintage Photo
- Watercolor pencils and water brush
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam tape
- 1. Visit www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/napkinfoldcard/ for a visual tutorial.
- Card Base
- 1. Score 12”x12” sheet of kraft cardstock at 3” from each edge, creating a 6” square at center. Fold on scored lines; crease folds with bone folder. Open cardstock flat.
- 2. Mark a small “+” at exact center of cardstock. Fold corners down to meet at center without overlapping; crease folds. Diamond-shaped cardstock will measure about 8-1/2” long on each side.
- 3. Fold corners in toward center again so they just meet, without overlapping. Crease folds. Cardstock square will measure 6”. Open cardstock flat.
- 4. Cut two 4” and eight 2-1/2” white cardstock squares. Cut each square in half diagonally; trim 1/8” from base of each triangle. Stamp black letters image over each small triangle.
- 5. Cut one 5-1/2” and one 5-3/4” white cardstock square for card center.
- 6. Using ink blending tool, blend blue dye ink over all white cardstock edges. Repeat with brown dye ink.
- 7. Set aside four small triangles for front corner flaps that will be created in Step 13. Adhere 5-3/4” square and remaining triangles to kraft card base, leaving each corner of card base blank.
- 8. Stamp black ledger background over 5-1/2” square, covering cardstock.
- 9. Stamp black globe in lower right corner. Mask globe and stamp black birdcage. To create a mask, stamp globe image on printer paper and cut out just inside image outline. Place mask over image, then stamp birdcage over it. Stamp black pen.
- 10. Leaving mask in place, lightly blend more brown dye ink over cardstock to create a distressed look. Remove mask. Stamp black sentiment.
- 11. Adhere panel to center of card.
- 12. Using photos as a guide, fold card into a 6” square. To do this, use index finger to gently “push” center point of each side (top point of each large triangle) in toward center, working in a clockwise manner from bottom edge. (Note: Corners of card should pop outward, not fold in.)
- 13. Press card flat. Fold back corner flaps; crease folds. Adhere remaining triangles to flaps.
- Belly Band
- 1. Stamp black label image twice onto white cardstock. Die cut one image using Labels Twenty-One die. Add color with watercolor pencils and water brush. Blend blue and brown dye inks along label edges.
- 2. Detail cut crown and bird from second image; add color with pencils and water brush. Adhere to label with foam tape.
- 3. Cut a 5-3/4”x3” kraft cardstock panel; emboss with Texture Fades folder. Sponge raised areas with brown dye ink.
- 4. Cut a 12”x3” white cardstock band. Blend blue and brown dye inks along edges. Score at 2-7/8” from each end; crease folds. Adhere kraft panel to center of band. Wrap band around card and secure overlapping edges at back. Band should hold folds in place, but should slide easily for removal.
- 5. Using a craft knife, cut 1-3/8”-long slits on each side of label, along image edge. Cut an 18” ribbon length and insert it through slits, centering label on ribbon.
- 6. Adhere label to band with foam tape. Gently tie ribbon in a bow at back of card; be careful not to pull too hard or label may tear.
by Suzanne Czosek