Dad's Memory Box
- Cardstock: navy, light blue
- Navy satin ribbon, 3/8”
paper trimmer, scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, metal ruler, pencil, 1/4” hole punch
- Circle punch, 1”
- Ellison Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System or Texture Boutique Embossing Machine
- Ellison Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Embossing Folders: Patchwork, Artful Muse (gears)
- Ranger Faded Jeans Adirondack Dye Ink Pad
- Paper adhesive
- 1. As each light blue cardstock piece is cut, dry emboss it with embossing folders. Apply Faded Jeans ink pad directly to raised surfaces and to back side of pockets.
- 1. For box lid, cut a 3-7/8” navy cardstock square. Score a line down each side of square, 1/2” from edge. Clip short, horizontal score lines at top and bottom of two opposite sides of square to create tabs. Fold and assemble lid.
- 2. For lid trim, cut two 2-5/8” light blue cardstock squares. Cut four 3-1/4”x3/8” light blue strips. Adhere squares to top and inside of lid; adhere overlapping strips around edges.
- 3. For box base, cut the following navy squares: 8-1/4”, 7-3/4”, 7-1/4”. Score a line down each side of each square, 2-3/4” from edge. Cut away corner squares from all three pieces of cardstock, creating cross shapes.
- 4. For box mats, cut eight light blue rectangles of each size: 2-1/2”x2-1/2”, 2”x2-1/2”, 1-1/2”x2-1/2”. Cut a 1-1/2” light blue square. Adhere mats to front and back of each cross-shaped piece; adhere square to center front of smallest layer.
- 5. To create pockets, cut light blue rectangles in following sizes: 2-1/2”x5” (large), 2-1/2”x4” (medium), 2-1/2”x3” (small). Punch a half-circle in center of top long edge; score 1/2” from bottom long edge.
- 6. Score pocket panels from left and right edges as follows: 1-3/8” (large), 1-1/8” (medium), 7/8” (small). Trim away excess cardstock beyond side score lines. Fold sides to middle and adhere; fold bottom flap up and adhere to back of pocket.
- 7. To create tags, cut light blue rectangles in following sizes: 2”x2-1/8” (large), 1-1/2”x2-1/8” (medium), 1”x2-1/8” (small). Clip corners to create tag shapes. Punch a small hole in center top of each tag; tie ribbon through holes.
- 8. Trim and adhere photos to tags, matting on navy cardstock if desired, or adhere photos directly to mats.
- 9. Adhere pockets to mats according to size; place tags in pockets.
- 10. Adhere base layers together at center. Let dry before folding sides up and placing lid on box.
- 1. Stamp mats and pockets instead of embossing them or, for a fast alternative, cut pieces from patterned papers.
by Lynn Roberts